Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Progress

If you've been following me, you know that I've been redoing  my garage conversion (from the 80's....does putting lipstick on a pig mean anything to you?)


Here's my progress so far.
Floor is painted.....motifs are painted.....walls are painted!  Yay!!


Much left to do, but I'm feeling really good about the direction.   
Lord, give me strength  (and a healthy bank account ! ) to finish!



The wallcolor is SW "Waterscape".  It looks a little dark in these pictures because they were taken at night and I haven't upgraded the lighting yet.  The cabinets and base boards haven't been painted either, but that's a photo for another day!


I wanted to show you this one so you could see the "lovely" air conditioner, electrical panel box and the Verizon box-thingy!  Remember, I told you this is an 80's redo!  Did we have no taste in the 80's???
But they're painted!!  Well, at least the panel box and the air conditioner are.  I'm waiting for the Verizon guy to come on Monday, and after he leaves, it may get painted too!!

I'll have a screen that will cover this area,  but isn't it cool how the panel box disappears!
Love it. Oh, and BTW....this is exactly why I paint switch plate covers as well.  They go away and you are able to decide what feature you want to have as a focal point instead of seeing tacky switch plates !    Yes, my pet peeve is showing.....why would you want to make a switch plate a focal point....just don't get it???

So this is my progress so far.  Don't you love the floor!!





14 comments:

  1. I adore the floor, I wish I could see it in person! And switch plates, air vents, door chimes, don't get me started. Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes!! That floor is gorgeous. And I'm showing this to the husband, he who doesn't paint switchplate covers and centers the toilet paper holder on the bathroom wall. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally It is turning out great and yes I love the floor!! I am thinking,hmmmmm my garage needs some serious help!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW..great job Sally..there are some creative ideas to mask the a/c unit if you wished?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sally love love the wall color and the floor.Are you painting the cupboards and baseboards white? I love the contrast it is looking goooood dear superwoman!! KS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm painting the woodwork, cabinets and window seats in SW Dover White. I have it all over my house. Just finished painting the last of it this morning. Now on to moving things in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the floor! Did you buy a stencil for that design. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally, this is going to be fantastic. I can't wait to see it all come together. The floor is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good Sally! Love the pattern and the black.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This conversion so far is looking great! I love the painted design on the floor. I can't wait to see the finished project!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Blogs are all about the dialogue. I'd love to hear your thoughts!