Monday, June 27, 2011

Love a Makeover!

Everyone likes a fun makeover, so I thought I'd share a couple of pieces that we had reupholstered for clients.  


This little French chair was originally covered in a beautiful Chinese silk that my client had brought back from her travels.  But we all know how delicate silk can be, and this had completely disintegrated.


Poor little chair!



The frame was beautifully distressed, so we left it as is, but this purple room really deserved a fabric combination that had some purple punch.


Isn't she just the sweetest thing?  We did a purple velvet on the frame, and then added in the plush silk pillow seat and the embellished lumbar pillow.  We chose to use bronze nailheads instead of self-cord, and I think it was the perfect thing!  (silks from Duralee - Silk Road collection)

This little settee had great bones and had served it's purpose, but my client wanted it to fit in with her Santa Fe style study.  



We chose a fabulous wool from Kravet's Museum of New Mexico line and paired it with a faux leather for the frame and cording.  


Muy Bueno, No?  






4 comments:

  1. WOW..they both really pop now!
    Love your choice of faux leather mixed with fabric on settee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have passed the opportunity to refinish that chair frame. I would have used an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in a French finish. that frame is desparately in need of a new life. I took classes at the Southern Institute of Faux Finishing in Jackson, MS and highly recommend their furniture finishes class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love that bench in the Museum of NM fabric and the leather. Great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy, muy bueno,
    my friend! I bet
    she was thrilled
    with the outcome.
    The leather was
    genius, especially!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Blogs are all about the dialogue. I'd love to hear your thoughts!