Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whimsy Wednesday!


"Hippity, Hoppity, Easter's on it's way!!!"


As Paula and I were doing a little Easter decorating in the entry way of our studio, we began to talk about the quilted Easter eggs
that I had made over the years.

These are handmade from old quilts.



These were decorated by hand using a batik technique.

This one is a Faberge'.  A whole other level of "handmade" .  Wow.

I thought it would be fun to see some of the designs that have been inspired by this unique form.
The infamous "Egg" chair, by Arne Jacobsen, is a mid-century modern
"must - have".
This one's a bit too literal for me.



How many of you over-40-types owned one of these in your first apartment!

This hanging version would be so much fun on a patio, a child's room, or you could get one for YOUR first apartment....what goes around, comes around !

Gives new meaning to the word "love seat".

The classic egg was given an upgrade in the "Sex in the City" movie.


Easter is also about the beautiful colors.







It's an Easter egg couch!  I know you wish, just once, that you had the nerve to own this sofa!

I love it when a whole section of a city thinks paint is fun.
The Rainbow houses in Charleston, SC.

What a happy day spending time on this patio....margarita's all around!

Put some color into your life this week, and enjoy a blessed Easter with your family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Color, color everywhere! Yea for the new beginnings of spring and the brillance of color it brings us. I love it when real people aren't afraid of color and choose to display it so boldly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love color!!! I get so inspired when spring comes to lighten and brighten everything. Love the pictures of rooms with color. I need color to make me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Blogs are all about the dialogue. I'd love to hear your thoughts!