Sunday, March 28, 2010

What a girl wants

I have a bad habit of going to sleep with the TV on, and the other night, I woke up and the movie "What a Girl Wants" with Mel Gibson was on. 


 I began to think about what I want....I'm still a girl after all. 

I like to visualize my ideal house and what I would want it to look like, so for now (because you know it might change later!), these are some must haves for me in my dream home.

Space!.....I want space...inside and out. 
This would do. 
Hey!  I'm dreaming here!

I need trees.  I want to look out my kitchen window and see a rolling hill or two.

or a canopy of beautiful trees.

After all.......

 Henry-Big Dog needs a great yard to run in.

I want a glorious lanai for spending time outdoors with friends and family.  It will have all the amenities of indoors...ceiling fans for the Texas summers and a fireplace for chilly fall evenings. 
Of course, it will be stylish and chic!

An outdoor kitchen is a must complete with a pizza oven for the grands....
...and the privacy of this saltwater pool and hot tub for me!
Where's my glass of wine??

Are you dreaming with me??

Let's go inside.

I want a great room.....and I mean a GREAT room!



Interior designer, Cathy KIncaid for House Beautiful

I love this room.  The stone work brings the feeling of history to the space...so warm and inviting.  I'm not usually a "blue" person, so I might choose a different decor...like this...


or this......


Anchor woman, Jayne McGarry's great room, photographed for D-Magazine.
Ken Blasingame, Interior Designer.


Or even this.

I find this room inviting too.
Image courtesy of Elle Decor
I think this is very eclectic...modern, yet elements of traditional styling.
I like that the sofas are dark because of this....

Like most of the clients I design kitchens for, I want an open concept greatroom/kitchen combination.
The Southern Accents Riverhills Showhouse had the most wonderful kitchen and keeping room.






I might prefer something a little more open to the  family room.

private client, Sally J. Designs
private client, Sally J. Designs
Stay tuned for more dreaming in my next post.  I think I'll dream about dinner parties and dining rooms.  Won't you be my guest?

5 comments:

  1. I think if a girl is going to have a dream it should be big and it should be beautiful and your dream fits that criteria beautifully. I did a post on my wish list, things I want for this house, It might be fun to do a dream list so I am really concrete in my dreaming,hehe. Have a great MONDAY!!! Blogging buddy, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you dream.... Dream big or don't dream...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. I have always been a big dreamer, positive thinker and all-round believer in good things. This was a fun post to put together...but stay tuned....there's more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, first time here. OMG those outdoor living spaces ... I wish I had them too.
    cheers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Blogs are all about the dialogue. I'd love to hear your thoughts!