Friday, June 4, 2010

A Dallas Fav

This month's edition of D-Home Magazine reminds us of some of the most wonderful interiors featured in the magazine over the last 10 years. 

This living room, designed by Dallas designer, Myrl Talkington, was a real favorite of mine as well.




I love the beautiful, saturated color on the walls, the Aubusson rug and the rich coffered ceiling.  The abundance of rich fabric on the upholstery and drapes bring that feeling of casual elegance to this room.

 
Arched doors are always unique, and the detailed carving on these is magnificent! 


I don't even have words for this painted secretary....how about fabulous!
I'd love to know the back story on this piece, wouldn't you?



If I'd seen the glass coffee table in a showroom, I don't know that I would have thought about it for this space, but now that it's in place, the transparency of the glass allows the beautiful rug to show well.   Would you have pushed the envelop and placed this table, or something else?


Do you love the color palatte?  Robin's egg blue and yellow...a very traditional combination.  Even though the damask fabric usually brings a formal look to a room, the painted and distressed finishes on the chair frame bring a more casual feel.

I love the fringe on the oversized pillows too.


Photos of this room were first published in D-Home in May on 2008.  I think it's still a classically designed room that will continue to look fresh for more years to come.

What are your favorite features of this room?


7 comments:

  1. I liked how the arch shape of the door repeats in the shape of the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also noticed the arch shape is rpeated on the bench. I like how it leads your eye up the levels
    ...bench, chairs, door opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! Repetition is at the heart of good design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally! I love the mix of furniture styles and that enormous tree. Drama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just gorgeous, love the blues and the shabby chic touches! Just lovely! Oh, I miss Dallas, such style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful collection of pictures. Love the colors, the arched doors and the fabric. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting colour combination>
    X
    V

    ReplyDelete

Blogs are all about the dialogue. I'd love to hear your thoughts!